viernes, septiembre 22, 2006

Colonial Balcony

In dark red

100_6564copia

In Trujillo the car traffic has increased so much, and you can't see quietly some beautiful houses like this. This piece of architecture is in good conditions because a bank bought it and preserve it. Other houses belong to simple people or to the state but they are so damaged. I wanted to photograph this house with the cars running and avoiding the view to understand the value of calmness and silence.

Soundtrack: "Que me alcance la vida" - Sin Bandera


9 comentarios:

Lisi dijo...

a very beautiful structure with such fine details

Kate dijo...

Ah, I remember that balcony from an earlier shot. Very detailed structure. Contrasts well with the vividly painted wall. Must be a bit noisy from all the traffic when sitting there.

Kate dijo...

¡Muchas gracias para su notas¡

photowannabe dijo...

Lovely architecture. I like the boldness of the wall color.

photo-effe dijo...

a very open angle of view, this balcon remember me arabian towns

santy dijo...

what an interesting building. and yes, traffic can be so annoying, eh?

Meg Nakagawa dijo...

The windows look Indian or Middle Eastern to me - are they Peruvian in origin?

Henry Martin dijo...

I had a visitor at my site recently from Peru. It looked to be around Tujillo. I know where that is because I have visited it twice on mission trips. We were working with Wes Baker of Peru Mission.

see
http://perumission.org/

Have you photographed the suburbs? The wonderful people out along the Pan-American Highway were very personable to us.

Anónimo dijo...

nice picture of this building :D

http://singapourdailyphoto.blogspot.com/